United We Dine.
This loyal pledge comes from Nashville Originals, a group of local restauranteurs that have made our city a major player in the culinary scene. They do awesome things year-round, but one of the best weeks in Nashville is Restaurant Week. There are great deals on great food, and we want you to know about it!
Maximize your savings AND satisfy your appetite with our run-down of The Best Place:
1. To Have Something Unique: Germantown Cafe
- Where: In the heart of Germantown’s new development, surrounded by Nashville faves Swaffles (Stuffed Waffles) and Red Bicycle Crepes
- What to order: Plum Pork: there is nothing better than that. Nothing. And don’t miss out on the pork tots. Pork tots, you guys.
Who to bring: A small to medium group of friends who don’t get too rowdy…Germantown is a chill place!
2. To Have Your “Cheat” Meal: Valentino’s Ristorante
Summer-long diet getting you down? Take a break from counting calories and indulge in everyone’s favorite food: carbs. Because you’re worth it.
- Where: Next to the hustle-and-bustle of West End Ave!
What to order: This is three courses with a bang, and it is laden with mystery…ask for the chef’s specials, but know you’ll end up with some tiramisu.
- Who to bring: Low lighting and pasta? Bring a date and have your very own Lady and the Tramp moment.
- Where: Tucked away right next to Hillsboro Village
- What to order: “Fried Local Catfish with Jalapeno Corn Cream, Fresh Slaw, and Chipotle Cheddar Corn Bread”. Cabana may look trendy, but they do the classics with flair.
- Who to bring: This is the place to bring big groups and sit in an actual cabana. You can even close the curtain for some private hang time!
East Nashville’s very own speakeasy, Holland House Bar & Refuge is the who’s who of the hipster scene – in the best way possible – and draws people in with their killer happy hours! (Get the Manhattan).
- Where: East Nashville right off of Eastland, next to their sister restaurant The Pharmacy.
- What to order: The whole menu is unique, but you MUST get the Nutella Bread Pudding.
- Who to bring: This works for anything. A date, a group, a friend…just book in advance!
- Where: Louise Ave. near Charlotte
- What to order: Their filet mignon actually says “Cut Thick So It Broils Red and Juicy”. If steak isn’t your thing, there’s free range chicken, corn cakes…everything you need!
- Who to bring: Anyone who enjoys the simpler things in life. If they’ve ever won an eating contest, that’d be good too…steak, bread and cobbler is pretty filling!
For a comprehensive list of all the fabulous menus offered this week, check out Nashville Originals list and see the rest of the participants!
Eat your heart out and make Nashville proud! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for highlights from Restaurant Week, and tag @wannadolocal in the pics of all the things you’ve tried!
– Your local guide.